Sunday, February 3, 2013

Batailles de l'Ancien Régime - Seven Years War in 25mm

One of a few projects I am working on for 2013 is Batailles de l'Ancien Régime (AKA BAR) for the Seven Years War (1756 - 1763) in both Europe and North America.  You can find the link to the rules here: http://www.oldregimerules.com/bar_0.html

Originally I was planning on using Wilderness Wars for the French and Indian Wars; however a fatal flaw in the rules (and very questionable changes for a second edition) lead me to look at other options.   Thus a hard decision to use BAR was made.   I may be tempted to use Drums of War Along the Mohawk for the French and Indian War, but I am not sure I really gain anything with the additional complexity.   

With the decision made a year ago I had to reorganize my figures and yes it will take some additional figures to fill in.

For my French Forces I have 3 Battalions of French Line Infantry, 2 Battalions of Colonial Compagnies Franches de la Marine, 2 units of Canadian Militia, 2 units of Piquets (Light Infantry), a contingent of Woodland Indians, 2 Light Artillery Pieces with 8 Gunners, a mounted officer, and a number of figures to fill in the ranks.

For the British Forces I have 2 Battalions of British Line Infantry, 1 Highland Infantry Regiment, 1 Highland provincial infantry company, 3 companies of grenadiers, 1 Provincial Infantry Regiment, 3 companies of Rangers, and 2 Light Artillery Pieces with 8 Gunners, and a mounted officer.

In addition I have 2 regiments of Saxon Infantry in French service, 1 regiment of Swedish Infantry, and 1 company of  Swedish Jaegers.

Of those units I am at 52% completed painting, and virtually all those figures are primed and many have the basic block colors on them.  

I also have a metric long ton of unpainted figures.   Many of which have been bagged for units, but I want to get what I have primed painted.

No comments: