Monday, June 29, 2009

Why my wife is incredible!

As a wargamer I, like many of my wargaming brethren, have many ahhh umm unique qualities. Like the 57 boxes of Historical Books that I had to move, or the boxes of figures. The person who has to deal the most with these idiosyncrasies is my wife. I can’t tell you the number of times she has asked a question and was left shaking her head in either amusement or befuddlement There are times I am not sure I can tell those two sentiments apart when it comes to my gaming.
I have explained in the past it is either gaming or drinking in the bar with friends and I let her choose which choice. Having seen way too many of our friends marriages fall apart, gaming doesn't seem so bad.

After moving into our new Townhouse last week my wife asked me a simple question. “Now that you are going to host a game or two, on what are you going to playing on?”

When I tried explaining tabletops I got the amused look. Her response was simple. Unless your tabletops are going to magically float 30 inches off the ground; Menards has Folding Tables on sale go by a couple.

And that my friends is just one of the truly many reasons why I love my wife.
While I only picked up two tables, another two tables will have to wait for another time.

No comments: